Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Venice Biennale



I've never been to the Venice Biennale or to Italy at all, but I'm quite sure I would enjoy it. Eleven Heavy Things by Miranda July is showing now through November 22. She's a performance artist, musician, writer, actress and film director. I initially remember noticing the bright yellow book jacket cover of No One Belongs Here More Than You: Stories when I worked at a bookstore a few years ago in Michigan. I remember the website for that book and how simple and funny it is. Putting into words those awkward and strange things about life that affect everyone in some capacity. Her exhibit at the Biennale consists of eleven outdoor sculptures she proposes people to pose and take pictures with. July's work is odd and inspiring, too bad I can't take a much needed European vacation to take a peek! Someday...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog