Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Roald Dahl

One of my best memories as a kid was taking summer road trips in our family minivan down south. My parents used to remove the middle seat and my older brother, my younger sister and I used to spread out and play games, (which would often turn into a mini wrestling match) read books, and try to entertain ourselves for the hours before the next rest stop on the highway. At the end of the day, my Dad would open a book and read to us aloud in his best school teacher voice as we drifted off to sleep with the constant humming of the engine in the background. A few of my personal favorites including The BFG, James and the Giant Peach and Matilda made appearances on more than one occasion.





(image of Dahl's writing room via The Guardian)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog