Thursday, June 4, 2009

TapIt



I was sitting on the steps in Union Square just now eating lunch, when a girl with fringe cut bangs came over with a survey asking me to fill it out. I thought, oh god, not another help the children, help the lesbians, help the homeless people spiel. Although all very worthy causes, they usually talk your ear off and then ask for money, which I wasn't in the mood for. The survey introduced a service called TapIt, and after reading what they offered, could not believe it didn't exist yet. TapIt is a water bottle refilling network which allows New Yorkers access to free water on the go. Establishments sign up to become "partners" with TapIt and offer free water bottle refilling stations. There's an application that you can look up on your phone when you're on the street and the locations where TapIt is offered pop up! I love the idea. My only downfall in buying bottled water is the convenience and it seems it could be completely resolved with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog